Sustainability is firmly embedded into our infrastructure and operations. We work hard to support sustainable long-term growth, for both our data centres and our client’s businesses, maximising energy efficiency to reduce our impact on the environment whilst supporting our clients and partners with their ESG goals.
Making data green
Key environmental metrics and benefits
- Annualised energy use for our cooling design at full capacity achieves a PUE of 1.25 at full load. Even at partial loads a PUE of 1.4 is achievable
- Up to 30kW per rack power density at any rack with no hotspots
- Intelligent air volume flow management
- Air battery in the event of generator start or cooling failure
- No water or maintenance within the IT space
- Data centre temperature range 24 +/-2°C resilience N+2
- Data centre humidity range 40-60% relative humidity
- Temperature and humidity extendable to allow ASHRAE range
Energy efficient cooling technology
At our London/south east data centre facility, high efficiency free cooling chillers coupled with optimised controls leverage free cooling capacity and dynamic set points.
The chiller uses EC fans, inverter driven motors and electronic expansion valves to reduce power consumption and improve control at part loads. This technology reduces our reliance on an available water supply as part of our sustainability strategy.
Carbon offsetting and renewables
We are committed to offering the very best in environmental efficiency and have used renewable energy for many years.
Our sustainable power agreement supplies us with energy from renewable sources. Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGOs) have been procured to cover the full supply and our agreement includes full carbon offsetting using forestry products from the Southern Cardamom REDD+ project.
Our environmental accreditations
Datum’s credentials as a green data centre provider are supported by a range of accreditations and demonstrate our ability to deliver a secure and energy efficient environment for our clients’ critical IT infrastructures:
- ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management
- ISO 50001:2018 Accreditation for Energy
- EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres
- DCA Class 3 Fully Operational
Environmentally minded - then, now and in the future
We strive to ensure that sustainability is at the heart of our operations. Get in touch with us today to find out how our environmentally efficient data centres can help you achieve your ESG targets whilst powering your business forward, responsibly.