Datum Datacentres provides leading-edge carrier and cloud neutral colocation data centre services to enterprise clients and service providers. Our highly engineered data centre is trusted as a secure environment for our clients’ business-critical IT and a carrier neutral provider of connections to networks and cloud service providers.
Launched in 2013, Datum delivers always-on availability, robust security and enterprise class colocation, and now has an impressive client list colocated within our data halls. Over 35 organisations from both the private and public sector are represented, serving vertical markets from finance and insurance through IT security services and defence, and including several companies from the FTSE 250 and Fortune 500.
Located within the high security Cody Technology Park in Farnborough, Datum’s flagship facility (FRN1) has capacity for more than 1,000 colocation racks. Our state-of-the-art technology and advanced cooling design deliver enhanced environmental efficiencies and support high density computing. A strong client focus is embodied by our exceptional service management and the assurance of a 100% uptime SLA to deliver always-on availability to clients. Our highly secure data centre offering is further supported by the provision of 24x365 helpdesk and remote hands services.
Competitive base salary + bonus
Standard company benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- 5 days annual study leave
- Half day birthday leave
- 1 day annual charity leave
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Childcare vouchers
The successful applicant will work within an operational team of six based at Cody Technology Park.
- Monitoring and managing our data centre (on site and remotely) and responding to alerts and incidents in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and proactively managing requests for change and incident/issue tickets within the engineering service desk call queue, along with telephone and email requests.
- Installing server racking, equipment and structured wiring, as required, to support client deployment and ongoing operations.
- Implementing solutions for new clients and providing a high quality, responsive, technical remote hands service to live clients in response to inbound requests (and in line with contractual SLAs).
- Installing cables and understanding client-defined patching plans.
- Collecting deliveries, unloading pallets, transporting items for clients, maintaining client delivery inventory lists, and performing general data centre logistics tasks.
- Supporting the Data Centre Manager with general site activities and the management of Datum’s accreditation and compliance obligations (namely, ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and 50001, along with industry-related standard such as PCI-DSS and the EU Code of Conduct).
The ideal candidate
- Strong understanding of data centre cabling and an in-depth knowledge of hardware concepts and component installations.
- Well-motivated, tenacious and very keen to learn and develop.
- Awareness and good understanding of accreditation processes.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering high-quality client-centric service.
- This role is client-facing, so applicants should be personable, friendly and highly organised, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of data centre operations.
- Experience of working with data centre technical administration.
- Experience of structured cabling manufacture and deployment.
- Knowledge of working with a call ticketing system.
- A good understanding of server technologies and applications.
- A good understanding of networking, switching and routing.
- Proven knowledge of electrical power and IT cabling systems/standards.
- The successful applicant will be required to go through our high-level security vetting process prior to any employment agreement.
- Applicants should live within 30 minutes of Farnborough and must be available to participate in a one in three weekly on-call rota.
If you think you would be suited to this role and are excited by the opportunity of joining a rapidly growing pure play retail colocation business, then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to be considered for this role. We will contact applicants to let them know whether they are being invited for interview.