Datum Datacentres is a successful pure play retail colocation business that has built up a client base of 60+ enterprises (FTSE 250 and Fortune 500) and service providers.
Our operations are growing, and we have recently been acquired by UBS Asset Management who intend to invest further to grow the business. The substantial growth that is predicted means that the already significant requirement for the development and nurturing of potential and existing client relationships will increase yet further. As such, we are looking for an excellent Client Engagement Director to manage our client relationships.
The successful applicant will join a versatile and high-quality team motivated by the challenge of growing a business in a competitive market. The role will focus on managing the commercial relationship including upsell, contract renewals and developing a deeper relationship with clients. The successful candidate will network, collaborate and integrate with other business functions in a small team environment. The opportunity for personal development is significant in this fast-developing environment.
Competitive base salary + commission
Standard company benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- 5 days annual study leave
- Half day birthday leave
- 1 day annual charity leave
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Childcare vouchers
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ownership and management of the client base (enterprise and service providers) and its P&L
- Contract management, upsell and renewal
- Client satisfaction (NPS) - supported by the Service Management & Delivery Team
- Identification of new opportunities for our New Business Team
The ideal candidate
- A graduate level individual with strong academic ability
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Some experience in colocation (or in an adjacent service space)
- A clear and communicable understanding of the value proposition surrounding IT, outsourcing and/or colocation
- Commercially astute – able to relate to mid-level IT and business functions
- Team player
- Relationship builder with both internal and external stakeholders
- Multi-tasker, well organised and a good eye for detail
- Persuasive with good presentation and influencing skills
- Able to identify realistic opportunities, qualify them quickly and pursue them effectively
- Consistent achievement or overachievement against targets
- Capability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Some experience of senior level engagement management would be advantageous although this is a role that can be grown into
If you think you would be suited to this role and are excited by the opportunity of joining a rapidly growing pure play retail colocation business, then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role. We will contact applicants to let them know whether they are being invited for interview.