We are pleased to announce that we will be opening a brand-new data hall (Hall 4) at our flagship FRN1 data centre facility in April 2023. This new addition to our London-edge facility presents our clients with an opportunity to store their business-critical IT infrastructure and workloads in our secure, reliable and cutting-edge location, located on the ultra-secure and easily accessible Cody Technology Park campus in Farnborough (part of a strategic London-edge colocation cluster).
Datum is committed to providing a world-class data centre experience for its clients. The new hall at the facility provides an additional 380 rack positions supporting up to 30kW per rack, with caged options and dedicated suites available upon request, giving our clients even more choice when it comes to locating their data and applications.
Hall 4 is a welcome addition to our already impressive portfolio and will provide reliable power for mission-critical workloads, ensuring high availability and performance for all users connected to it:
Improve business performance - responsibly
- Unlike on-premise data centres, which are at risk of stagnating due to lack of capacity to streamline and update equipment, our clients benefit greatly moving their IT to our facility – an opportunity to rationalise and streamline, benefit from our efficiency and environmental innovations, and flex up and down based on changing requirements.
- Our London-edge facilities utilise energy from renewable sources with full carbon offsetting and state-of-the-art adiabatic cooling delivering a PUE of 1.25 and maintaining optimal operating temperatures whilst maximising energy efficiency, so we are perfectly placed to help our clients achieve their ESG goals.
High levels of security
- Our facility has been designed to meet stringent security requirements. Cody Technology Park is controlled by CCTV and 24/7 dedicated manned on site security service and our facility is designed to meet the requirements of industry-recognised certifications including ISO 27001 and PCI DSS with multi-level access control, full CCTV, intruder detection, alarm systems and fire security.
- Datum is both a cloud and carrier-neutral data centre so you can choose your Point of Presence (POP) and your bandwidth supplier. The growth of Farnborough as a data centre cluster has encouraged multiple providers to build out their network throughout the area, enabling our clients to benefit from a ready set of connectivity options and a latency to Slough and the City of London of less than 1 millisecond.
- Our Tier 3+ data centre facility benefits from a robust power infrastructure, 2N resilience and a 100% uptime SLA.
Excellent accessibility and transport links
- Our Farnborough facility is conveniently located to the West of London, close to the M3, M4 and M25, and offers plentiful parking and a whole host of facilities including conference rooms, client use offices, and cafés and restaurants.
More than a decade since the launch of Datum Datacentres we have proved the success of our colocation formula and are excited to be embarking on our planned expansion with the backing of UBS Asset Management. We have a lot to look forward even beyond the opening of Hall 4 as we embark on the construction of two new data centre facilities at our Farnborough and Manchester sites, which are due to be completed in 2024.
- Dominic Phillips
CEO, Datum Datacentres
Visit our website for more information about Hall 4 and if you are looking to migrate your business-critical IT and workloads to an ultra-secure, resilient, efficient and well-connected data centre supporting high density compute, then get in touch, email email@example.com or call us on 0333 202 3195.