It is no secret that things have been going well for Datum and we ended 2019 on a high; a year that saw our second consecutive year of 20% revenue growth a world-class Net Promoter Score of 91 and our shortlisting for the Megabuyte ‘Emerging Stars’ award. We have carried this momentum into 2020 and continue working hard to drive our development as a leading provider of ultra-secure, highly resilient wholesale/retail colocation.
Where we are now - our existing facility
Until recently, our main focus has been on our existing data centre - the ground floor of our existing facility (FRN1) within the government-grade ListX Cody Technology Park in Farnborough. This has been built out to 2N power and N+2 cooling and currently houses the IT real estate and workloads of 50+ clients across a wide range of sectors and including FTSE 250 and Fortune 500 companies.
Moving on up - our new extended suite data halls
In order to continue catering to the growing demand for our service-enhanced colocation, we are now extending up to the first floor above our existing FRN1 facility. These data halls comprise the floor shell and core, which are available for custom technical design and offer the option of larger kVA footprints for businesses seeking more substantial data centre placements.
The halls will be built out by Keysource, specialists in data centre design and build, who have already produced initial engineering designs for the halls. The ratio of data hall space to plant room space may be adjusted to reflect the required level of power and cooling system resilience that is required. A tenant’s bespoke design may be developed on the understanding that it considers the need to comply with the security, resilience and efficiency requirements of the data centre.
If you would in interested in designing your own bespoke data centre placement, do get in touch through our website, call us on 0845 568 0123 or email us at email@example.com.
So, what’s next? A brand-new facility…
Never ones to rest on our laurels, we have been busy designing a new state of the art facility (FRN2) comprising two 1MW halls to complement our existing FRN1 facility. Planning has been approved and the halls have been designed to Tier 3+ resilience, link-detached to FRN1. This new facility, once built, will benefit from the same secure location within the ListX park and will be supported by Datum’s existing high service levels and established connectivity.
Outstanding service across the board
Our excellent reputation and ongoing success has been anchored in our service-enhanced approach; something that sets us apart from other colocation providers. We believe in partnering with our clients and working closely with them to guide them through periods of change or transition. By partnering with Datum, in any of our facilities, our clients can be sure that they will benefit from:
- Ultimate security through Datum’s location within the ListX Cody Technology Park offering 24-hour security, CCTV, intruder alarms and VESDA fire detection.
- Outstanding service and inclusion in the Datum ‘ecosystem’ – a network of trusted service providers and cloud platforms to support our clients.
- Resilience – 2N resiliency built-in with higher or lower resiliency options available for custom builds.
- Outstanding connectivity through multiple fibre routes and a network of established carriers.
- Environmental accountability through Datum’s N+1 environmentally efficient adiabatic cooling, which offers predictable cooling for high and low densities, significantly reducing running costs and carbon footprint.
- The flexibility and room to grow – no fixed-term contracts to allow for flex and fluidity to suit clients’ evolving needs.
If you’re looking to solve current and future IT infrastructure challenges, and future-proof your organisation, get in touch with one of our team to find out about our colocation service or book a tour of our growing facility.