These are unprecedented times and we are all understandably concerned about coronavirus and the effect it will have on our day-to-day lives. Continuing to offer the best possible service is our utmost priority so we have implemented the necessary precautionary measures to keep disruption to an absolute minimum. As the guardians of your business-critical IT workloads and real estate, we want to reassure you that your IT infrastructure is as secure and well-protected as ever and that our operations will continue to run as before.
Our commitment to you
- The data centre and security will remain open to clients as usual. However, in order to protect our staff and all visitors to our facility, we reserve the right to deny access to our facility if we think there is a tangible risk of infection.
- Any Datum staff who can work remotely are being encouraged to do so.
- Operational staff (two members of staff at one time) will follow a rotational shift pattern without face-to-face handover in order to minimise personal contact.
- We are segregating our key teams (security, operations, service management and sales) to prevent the risk of cross-infection.
- We have decided to close our office to our client base, which means that our hot-desk room will only be available when needed for disaster recovery purposes.
- For the foreseeable future, all meetings and service reviews will be run as conference calls to avoid face-to-face contact.
- We have provision to open burst limits to accommodate increased working from home for customers who buy bandwidth through us. Get in touch with your Service Manager if you wish to discuss this.
What we would ask of you
- We would request that you adopt a common-sense approach - if your staff, engineers or third-party contractors have travelled to an infected area, have been in contact with the virus, or are presenting symptoms, we would encourage you to allow us to support your onsite needs on your behalf.
- Please inform us if you know of anybody who has visited our facility and is self-isolating and/or has been diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of being at Datum so that we can take the necessary precautions.
Keeping the ball rolling
There will be no reduction in the service levels we provide, and all business operations will remain fully functional. Through good ongoing cooperation with our clients, we will be able to weather this storm with the minimum of disruption, and we ask for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
If you have any queries or require assistance, please contact your Service Manager, the service desk (email@example.com) or call the main office number on 0845 568 0123 (8am to 6pm) or 0845 568 0555 out of hours (6pm to 8am). We will, of course, keep you up to date with any developments affecting our service.