Our commitment to our service-enhanced approach to colocation means that we live and breathe by client satisfaction. As part of our ISO 9001 Quality Management certification (an accreditation that is based on a number of quality management principles, including a strong customer focus) we carry out a client survey each year to measure how our clients rate us based on a number of service elements. Each year, these include:
- how effectively we work with clients to support their business requirements
- the quality of our service
- our response time to requests/issues
- our ability to meet agreed timescales
- our communication with clients
This year, due to the significant impact of the Covid pandemic on businesses, we added an additional question to gauge our clients’ experience of our response to the Covid crisis.
How we did…
We are extremely pleased that our clients rated us very positively in all categories, with an overall average of 4.91 (out of a maximum of five) across the five key areas. Our highest average category rating was an impressive 4.97 for our communication about service reviews and maintenance notifications.
Absolutely perfect and clear communications. Well ahead of most of the other companies we work with.
- Managed Services Provider on our response during the Covid crisis
Very informative and comprehensive service reviews and maintenance notifications.
- Professional services client on our communication about service reviews and maintenance
Excellent team – always been there for us 24X7. Thank you to every one of you.
- Financial services client on how we work with clients to support their business requirements
We value client feedback enormously and encourage our clients to give us their opinions (even beyond the scope of our annual surveys), so that we can continually improve the service we offer. Whilst we hugely appreciate positive comments (who wouldn’t?), we value suggestions for improvements too - there is always scope for doing better and we rely on our clients to inform us of ways in which we can improve.
Our outstanding Net Promoter Score of 93
Alongside the key service-related questions in our annual survey, we use the survey as an opportunity to calculate our Net Promoter Score (NPS). This measures customer experience and predicts business growth based on the response (using a scale of 0-10) to a key question:
“How likely is it that you would recommend Datum to a friend or colleague?”
Based on the ratings given, respondents are divided into three categories (promoters, passives and detractors) and the NPS is calculated by subtracting the percentage of detractors from the percentage of promoters:
- Promoters (score 9-10): These are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fuelling growth
- Passives (score 7-8): These clients are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings
- Detractors (score 0-6): These are unhappy customers who can damage brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth
In 2019 we were pleased to have achieved an outstanding NPS of 91, at a time when the average for the technology sector was 59. This year, our NPS has increased even further to 93. We would like to thank all our clients and partners for their ongoing collaboration with us - we take huge pride in the quality of the service we offer and will continue doing all we can to maintain our service levels and improve on them, where required.
The ongoing pandemic has highlighted problems with maintaining on-premise IT for many businesses, particularly with regards to accessing IT infrastructure during lockdown, when many offices have been closed.
This has led to an increase in demand for secure, resilient, always-on, managed off-premise solutions like
our colocation, which we run from our state-of-the-art datacentre on a high security technology park in Farnborough. If you are reviewing your options, please contact us or arrange a tour of our facility to see our datacentre in action.