Why digital transformation? And why with Datum?
Advances in technology, digitisation, budgetary pressures and globalisation are combining to bring both challenges and opportunities to businesses of all sizes. Right now, corporate IT is under pressure from all areas to transform operations and deliver more agile solutions to meet competitive forces and to achieve key business objectives.
Due to these pressures, most companies are engaged in, or contemplating, IT transformation at either a tactical or strategic level and are increasingly seeking new hybrid delivery models as part of that process. Colocation has a strong role in delivering a platform within those hybrid models – and Datum has a track record of supporting our clients throughout the transformation and of working with partners to deliver the bigger picture.
- The ability to flex both up and down over the lifetime of the contract in terms of power, space and footprint
- Short-term access to additional space and power when required (in this case for a virtualisation project)
- Access to multiple cloud platforms and carriers
Our two-phase approach to digital transformation
Because dealing with the physical and virtual transformation as one project can be too complex, companies often approach this in two phases: transition and virtual transformation with consolidation.
Watch the brief video to understand how Datum can help from transition (which can involve decanting out of a variety of physical locations) through to transformation. A key success factor our clients have called out is having a trusted partner and a data centre services landing zone set up to work alongside the changes they are adopting. Datum has the approach and credentials to be the key partner in your process, providing both a staging post for the physical transition and a core component of the final hybrid IT strategy.
- Datum provides a trusted landing zone for the transition, enabling you to take stock, ready to sort and shift as the project develops.
- Datum’s cloud and carrier connectivity cuts lead times and costs in developing the hybrid solution you design, with built-in flexibility to reduce your data centre footprint over time
A platform for digital transformation to futureproof your business
As businesses begin to emerge from the first wave of Covid-19, many are considering how to futureproof themselves in light of the difficulties they faced during lockdown and the very real possibility that we may see similar situations in the future. One thing is clear – most businesses have relied heavily on technology for remote working, collaboration and ongoing customer service.
The realisation that excellent technology is a prerequisite for business continuity has pushed digital transformation to the top of the agenda for many businesses as they consider how to use technology to remain competitive, evolve and offer the best possible service to customers.
Unsurprisingly, we have seen an increase in clients asking us to partner with them through their digital transformation processes.
Download our guide to embarking on a digital transformation journey
Taking on any digital transformation project can be a significant challenge. Our guide will help you decide where to start, and gives practical advice on how to ensure that the transition is seamless - it even includes a success story from one of our international clients:
- why digital transformation?
- why our colocation facility is the ideal platform for digital transformation
- the benefits of consolidating your business-critical IT in our facility before embarking on the transformation
- how we ensure that the process goes smoothly