From single racks to dedicated suites and custom builds
Whether you are an enterprise organisation or a service provider, our flexible colocation options range from base entry quarter rack to building out an entire customised IT suite and, if required, dedicated caged areas for additional levels of control. From edge pods and foundation racks to full suites, our colocation solutions always maintain a focus on maximising the energy efficiency of our facilities to best serve every client.
We specify chimney racks in a hot and cold aisle containment layout, and whilst we have our preferred rack suppliers, our clients can specify their own, providing the racks are compatible with the Datum cooling solution. A wide range of security options is available, from combination locks to active security, including rack level, CCTV and multi-factor authentication.
Whilst start ups or edge computing clients often seek base entry solutions, clients with larger requirements typically opt for a dedicated caged environment incorporating a range of additional data centre security options from standard digital combination locks to full access control systems with multi-factor authentication cages.
Separate storage and build areas are provided to clients in order to keep these activities away from the data halls.
Our suites can also be custom-designed from the ground up to accommodate specific requirements such as customised power, cooling and security.
Flexible colocation capacity and contracts
Datum takes a client-focused approach to all of our commercial and practical agreements with flexible contracts and a full range of colocation options that enable you to plan ahead and to roadmap your expansion with us.
- Flexible terms and client-driven agreements
- Contiguous space for expansion
- Scalability built-in
- Start small and expand as you need.
- Test labs to enable pilot projects
- From edge pods and foundation single rack to dedicated suites
Datum colocation for the enterprise
Datum has a track record of supporting enterprise clients as they embark on revitalising their IT to meet market and competitive demands, by delivering colocation and services to support business-critical IT within our ultra secure facility.
Datum's service-enhanced secure colocation is trusted by an impressive and growing client list of organisations across a number of key industry sectors, including companies from the FTSE 250 and Fortune 500.
To ensure our clients derive maximum benefit from colocation, we offer a range of lifecycle services that support their installations throughout the life of the contract.
And as we appreciate that colocation UK is not just about the data centre, we offer short-term desk accommodation and meeting rooms as well as build, store and work areas while our campus-based location offers additional conference rooms, presentation theatres and on-site catering.
Datum colocation for service providers
Datum was created out of a need for a new breed of secure data centre that would provide superior levels of service and performance at a fair price to service providers and their clients. Datum is the perfect colocation partner for IT service providers of all specialities, including managed service providers, systems integrators, connectivity, cloud, ISVs and SaaS businesses.
Datum's data centre colocation service was built to meet the exacting standards and requirements of IT service providers whose business relies on effectively supporting and securing their clients' IT. Service providers need a data centre on which they can rely in order to effectively deliver their solution, support their clients and grow their business. Datum understands the importance of transparency, reporting and reliability so that service providers can trust that their clients’ data is in safe hands at all times.
In addition to offering the security, power, cooling, fire protection and carrier neutral connectivity that service providers demand, Datum offers a range of services to support transition into the data centre and complement the solutions you may provide to your clients.
Benefits of Datum colocation for enterprise and service providers
- Carrier-neutral connectivity to connect to the carrier of choice – simply, robustly and cost-effectively
- Robust environment for cloud and managed hosting backed by our 100% availability SLA
- Cost-savings from the purpose-built data centre, with fully 2N power infrastructure and environmentally efficient cooling, saving on CapEx
- Increased efficiency though the environmentally intelligent cooling system, maintaining the correct environment for hardware whilst delivering a reduced carbon footprint and lower running costs, benefiting Enterprise, Service Providers and Service Provider clients
- Scalability that allows you to flex your infrastructure in line with business demands
- Enhanced multi-level government-grade security
- Reliable and responsive on-site technical support through our 'remote hands' service
Datum’s flexible and scalable colocation facilities provide:
- The ability to start small and expand as required
- Detailed insight into ongoing energy usage and operational status
- Complete transparency into environmental factors
- Carrier and cloud neutral connectivity
- Peace of mind on security and resilience
- Dedicated client service manager to assure comprehensive client focus
- Scalable capacity for managed hosting