Impact of Covid-19
- Limited or no access to offices or on-premise datacentres during lockdown
- Critical IT staff off sick or isolating for extended periods of time
- Third-party support engineers unable to access IT equipment due to social distancing
- Project delays or cancellations caused by financial issues or reduced cash flow
POTENTIAL BUSINESS INTERRUPTION
What Datum delivered
- Essential site access for clients, even during lockdown, and free remote hands engineering
- Business as usual – Datum’s business operations continued uninterrupted
- Flexible contracts and commercial assistance, including payment plans and payment holidays
- First-class service management - over 400 service requests dealt with successfully during lockdown
PEACE OF MIND
How the pandemic may have changed the IT landscape
More staff working remotely
Smaller more streamlined offices
Growing importance of excellent connectivity
Increased reliance on technology
Pressure on IT budgets
What our clients have said about our response to Covid-19
The Datum team has excelled at maintaining business as usual whilst ensuring full site safety as per the Government’s directives. As new clients, we’re greatly impressed and very reassured that Datum is the correct supplier/partner to host our ever-scaling IT requirements.
- Satellite Broadcast Company
Datum has been standing with us shoulder to shoulder for many years offering guidance, support and services, and we consider Datum to be a highly trusted partner. The team at Datum has been prepared and ready to assist during the current pandemic.
- International Legal Firm
Datum provided us with first-class communication prior to and during the Covid-19 pandemic. Remote hands services were offered free of charge and social distancing was observed when site access was essential. We see Datum as a long-term strategic partner and value their commercial flexibility.
- UK Managed Services Provider
Datum has been supporting our requests and proactively updating us about site status throughout the pandemic. We have had the same first-rate service from the management team and engineering, and security have been providing key updates on delivery, site access and protocols for visitors.
- Public Sector Datacentre Management Services
Want to future-proof your business-critical IT?
Datum's proven platform supports our clients' business-critical IT. To find out how we can help you future-proof your IT infrastructure and workloads, call us on 0333 202 3195 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How key staff across our three core teams have adapted to new ways of working during the coronavirus lockdown.
Ian Mace, our Data Centre Manager, on going far beyond keeping our colocation services going during lockdown as we embark on a new, exciting installation.