Whether your enterprise organisation requires a single rack or an entire customised IT suite, Datum's service enhanced secure colocation is trusted by an impressive and growing client list of organisations across a number of key industry sectors and including companies from the FTSE 250 and Fortune 500.
Datum has a track record of supporting enterprise clients as they embark on revitalising their IT to meet market and competitive demands, delivering colocation and services to support their business critical IT.
Conveniently situated outside the high risk M25 zone, Farnborough is fast developing as a strategic London-edge data centre hub with a wealth of connectivity options throughout the UK and beyond to other client sites, connectivity hubs, the internet and public and private clouds.
Datum is located within a high security campus in Farnborough, supporting enterprise organisations with a premium build facility employing environmentally efficient cooling and supporting high density computing to 30kW per rack as standard. Always on availability is supported by resilience in both design and operations underwritten by a 100% uptime SLA with helpdesk and remote hands services which are available 24x365.
Enterprise clients can also obtain additional non-colo service provision through the Datum Connect community of service providers, cloud hosting businesses and carriers to provide access to Application Hosting, IT Services, Private and Public Cloud Platforms, Network Services, Content Management and more.
The arguments for moving to a colocation facility are getting stronger as the demands on the IT infrastructure increase, driven by demands for increased security, faster connectivity, greater reliability, higher power requirements for computing and the transition to cloud. Datum offers a premium colocation solution to form a strong base on which Enterprise IT strategies can depend.
For most enterprises, the up-front costs of building a new private data centre can be prohibitive not to mention the increasing costs of maintaining it to meet the changing needs of the business and new technical architectures.
Outsourcing to colocation is not the answer to every IT department’s data centre challenges but increasingly, companies of all sizes are finding that handling their company’s additional compute power creates additional complexity and cost with the requirement for more capacity, flexibility, connectivity and scalability than they can currently provide.
And for every CIO and CFO, there comes an assessment of whether retaining an in-house facility warrants the risk and effort required to build and subsequently maintain it. Outsourcing the data centre and placing the infrastructure in a purpose-built, well-managed, carrier-neutral, highly secure and resilient dedicated facility with direct connections to public cloud becomes the preferred, the most effective and the most efficient option, allowing the IT function to focus on the business itself.
The journey to considering colocation as the best option for a business can be driven by a number of factors around capacity, risk and situation that trigger an organisation to review their data centre provision. If you are considering colocation, why not call us on 0333 202 3195 or book a tour to see how Datum, and our connected ecosystem of service and cloud providers, can help ease the journey.
What we offer
- Carrier and cloud neutral connectivity allowing you to connect to your carrier of choice – simply, robustly and cost-effectively
- A robust environment backed by our 100% availability SLA
- Cost-savings through using our purpose-built ground centre built from the ground up with a fully 2N power infrastructure and environmentally efficient cooling, saving on CapEx
- Increased efficiency though our environmentally intelligent cooling system that maintains the correct environment for your hardware whilst producing a reduced carbon footprint and lower running costs
- Scalability that allows you to flex your infrastructure in line with business demands
- Enhanced multi-level government-grade security for complete peace of mind
- Reliable and responsive on-site technical support through our remote hands services
- Complete transparency, dedicated client service manager and regular service reviews outlining energy usage and operational status
Business perspectives triggering a move to colocation
IT security. Hybrid computing. Business resilience. The connected enterprise. Business continuity. Colocation with Datum can play a foundational role in each of these business strategies.
IT and operations
The pressure on IT to deliver on a multitude of fronts, from infrastructure to cloud to business strategy, leads many IT Directors to outsource specific elements in order to allow their team to focus effort and skills on helping the business to drive forward.
Maintaining and managing an efficient and effective data centre that will properly and reliable support the business requires significant ongoing investment and demands a different set of resources that sit between facilities and IT.
Outsourcing to Datum's secure and resilient colocation data centre enables the IT team to focus on the network and application layers whilst supporting business strategy, safe in the knowledge that their infrastructure resides in a premium quality, highly managed facility.
Focused service management and proactive reporting ensure the team are fully informed at all times about the performance of the data centre and the environment.
- Moving data centre costs (not all of which will be apparent when the DC is in-house) from CapEx to OpEx
- Energy efficiency as represented in a data centre's PUE. Datum's facility uses environmentally efficient cooling to keep running costs low
- Clear pricing to enable budgeting
- Accreditations and security to support online payments and other transactions. We are accredited to ISO 27001:2013, 50001, 9001, EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres, DCA Class 3 and are PCI DSS compliant.
- Flexible contracts to support changes in the business environment.
Questions about choosing colo?
Colocation can provide recognised benefits from cost savings, conversion from CapEx to Opex, greater resilience and security, better connectivity and performance as well as the ability to quickly scale up or down as your business demands, but choosing the right provider can be daunting.
To address this question, Datum commissioned analyst Quocirca to write a white paper guide to choosing colocation: 'Data Centre Colocation: An easy decision, a difficult choice'.