Fully 2N power infrastructure tier 3 data centre
In designing our datacentres, power resilience is paramount to ensure your co-location is always available and the facility exceeds tier 3 data centre requirements. Non-stop means non-stop. So we start from the ground up in providing a fully 2N power infrastructure.
- Active/Active power, ensuring high availability
- 2N power supply from substation to rack level
- 2N back up power supply
- Combination of the tried & tested and Environmentally Intelligent design
- In excess of tier 3 data centre
How does it work?
From the dual high capacity HV connections from dual substations that supply the electricity, our on-site design provides a 2N level of resilience down to IT rack level with no single points of failure, ensuring our facilities are concurrently maintainable.
The mains infrastructure is supported by a fully maintained 2N standby diesel generator system, providing automatic back up power in case of a mains grid failure. Each generator is supported by a bulk fuel supply sized to provide 72hrs run time during normal operation.
2N UPS system supports all critical IT equipment, and in line with our focus on Environmentally Intelligent design, combines the tried and tested in the form of battery based UPS on one path and the more environmentally aware approach of a flywheel UPS system on the other.
A separate UPS is also provided to support critical mechanical systems that enable continuous cooling in a power outage.
- Active/Active power distribution paths
- HV redundancy mains power at N+N
- Individual components concurrently maintainable
- IT UPS 2N, Mechanical UPS N (to enable continuous cooling)
- Standby Generator 2N
- Maximum power density – 30kw per rack
For more information download our Power Factsheet.
For more information on our greater than tier 3 data centre call us today on 0845 568 0123 or contact us online.